Activities will include increased use of quality family planning services and selected maternal and child health services at various health delivery system levels. Special emphasis will be on services at household and community levels. To maximize the long-term impact, technical assistance and activities will be planned and implemented in close collaboration with the MOH, its Divisions, Centers, District Health Offices and District Public Health Offices.
1) facilitate employment of a standard package of family planning services at all HMG health facilities
2) sustain the dramatic impact of the National Vitamin A program
3) expand the Community Based-Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (CB-IMCI) program
4) maintain a close working relationship with the Safe Motherhood Program
5) strengthen the integrated health logistics system
6) work with national institutions to improve pre-and in-service health training
7) implement a national behavior change strategy to improve the quality of family planning, maternal and child health services
8) expand implementation of a quality assurance program to better monitor and supervise integrated services at district and community levels.